What caused the PTFE and PVDF Price Increases.
Within the last year, the business has had more challenges than I have come across within my 3 decades experience. In the past I have seen sharp price increases, and I have seen several shortages, and delivery delays caused by plastic resin allocations by plastic resin companies. This is actually the first occasion I have seen all these issues at the same time.
PTFE Sheet (TFE) and Kynar - PVDF are both on allocation.
The two of these resins are in short supply. The PTFE - Polytetrafluoroethylene product PTFE (TFE) and PVDF manufacturing requires a mineral called Fluorspar which is mined in Mongolia and China. The world need for this mineral has risen significantly, additionally, the supply has tightened. PTFE materials have high temperature resistance, excellent chemical resistance and really low co-efficient of friction (slippery) and is utilised in a great deal of purposes from non-stick fry pots and pans to ptfe tape for home use. This particular mineral is a essential raw materials inside the production of fluoropolymers, fluorolubricants and many refrigerants.This escalating demand paired with general shortage of raw materials is responsible for a dramatic price increase (almost double over the last year), shortages, and we expect both these factors to stay in affect in the near future.
Comments
Post a Comment