What caused the Teflon Products and Kynar- PVDF Price Increases.

During the last year, the market has had more difficulties than I have seen within my thirty years experience. In the past I have seen sharp price increases, and I have witnessed several shortages, and delivery issues caused by plastic resin allocations by resin suppliers. This is actually the first time I have seen all these issues at the same time.

PTFE Sheet (TFE) and Kynar - PVDF both are on allocation.

These two resins are in short supply. The  PTFE Sheet suppliers product PTFE (TFE) and Kynar-PVDF  manufacturing requires a mineral called Fluorspar that's mined in Mongolia and China. The world demand for this mineral has risen significantly, and the supply has tightened. PTFE materials have high temperature resistance, excellent chemical resistance and incredibly low co-efficient of friction (slick) and is utilised within a good deal of purposes from non-stick fry pans to ptfe tape for personal use. This specific mineral is actually the crucial raw material within the manufacturing of fluoropolymers, fluorolubricants and many refrigerants.This surge in demand combined with shortage of raw materials is mainly responsible for a dramatic price increase (almost double within the last year), shortages, and we expect these two factors to keep at it in the near future.


sheet plastic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

איך להקים עסק

"Support Bad Summer for a Unique Interactive Storytelling Experience!"

Dubai Chocolate Bars: Why Most Chocolate Is Forgettable (And This One Isn’t)