Why are there PTFE and PVDF long lead times

Within the last year, the business has had more shortages than I have seen during my 3 decades experience. In the past I have seen sharp price increases, and I have seen several shortages, and delivery problems as a result of plastic resin allocations through resin companies. This is actually the first time I have seen all these issues at the same time.

PTFE Rod (TFE) and Kynar both are on allocation.

Both of these resins are in short supply. The  PTFE - Polytetrafluoroethylene product PTFE (TFE) along with Kynar-PVDF  manufacturing requires a mineral called Fluorspar that is mined in Mongolia and China. The world demand for this mineral has risen significantly, additionally, the supply has tightened. PTFE materials have high heat resistance, excellent chemical resistance and very low co-efficient of friction (slick) and is utilized within tons of applications from non-stick fry cookware to ptfe tape for use at home. This particular mineral is actually a essential raw material inside the manufacturing of fluoropolymers, fluorolubricants and quite a few refrigerants.This escalating demand paired with general shortage of raw materials is responsible for a dramatic price increase (almost double over the last year), shortages, and we expect both these factors to stay in affect in the near future.


Local Performance plastics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

איך להקים עסק

"Support Bad Summer for a Unique Interactive Storytelling Experience!"

Dubai Chocolate Bars: Why Most Chocolate Is Forgettable (And This One Isn’t)